Today's blockchain and cryptocurrency news
Bitcoin is down 2% at $9,019
XRP is down 3.5% at 28 cents
and Ethereum is down 1% at $183
Top gainers in the last 24 hours:
Numeraire, up 19%
and Dentacoin, up 15%
Tether released a response to an academic paper that claimed a single whale manipulated bitcoin’s boom in 2017.
The block is noting a trend down in cumulative monthly traffic to retail exchanges since june.
Coinbase has expanded their staking services to all us customers, starting with the Tezos token.
Russian authorities are looking for the legal backing to confiscate virtual assets from "criminals".
Five people in Malaysia have been charged with stealing mining equipment.
- Tether responds to academic paper on bitcoin manipulation; calls it 'flawed' and 'embarrassing' - The Block
- Crypto exchanges experiencing a steady drop in traffic since June, suggesting declining retail interest - The Block
- Coinbase expands staking service beyond Coinbase Custody to all US customers - The Block
- Russia Wants to Be Able to Seize Cybercriminals' Bitcoin - CoinDesk
- Malaysian Thieves Drill Through Wall to Steal 85 Crypto Machines - CoinDesk