Today's blockchain and cryptocurrency headlines
Bitcoin is down slightly at $7,381
XRP is up 2.6% at 22 cents
and Ethereum is down 1% at $146
Top gainers in the last 24 hours:
Dentacoin, up 15%
US treasury secretary Steve Mnuchin and federal reserve chairman Powell are not keen to issue a digital dollar within the next 5 years.
Brad Sherman of California who has been outspokenly opposed to crypto has been elected as chairman of the subcommittee on investor protection.
Brave browser has crossed a notable threshold to 10 million monthly active users.
Kraken has added support for the swiss franc in a partnership with lichtenstein based Bank Frick.
Great North data, a Canadian government-backed bitcoin miner has filed for bankruptcy while owing creditors over 7 million.
- Mnuchin, Powell see no need to issue digital dollar 'in the next 5 years' - The Block
- Anti-crypto Congressman Brad Sherman elected to chair Subcommittee on Investor Protection - The Block
- Privacy-focused Brave browser crosses 10M monthly active users - The Block
- Kraken adds support for Swiss francs - The Block
- Canadian government-backed bitcoin miner goes bankrupt, owing millions to creditors - The Block