Today's blockchain and cryptocurrency news
Bitcoin is down 3% at $8,598
XRP is down 3% at 23 cents
and Ethereum is down 5% at $164
Top gainers in the last 24 hours:
Cybervein up 29%
Salus up 25%
and Waltonchain up 17%
Reginald Fowler is moving towards a guilty plea for running an unlicensed money transmission business.
The CSA, Canada's top financial watchdog has told crypto exchanges they will be subject to securities law if they act as custodians to users' digital assets.
Oklahoma senator Nathan Dahm is proposing creating a state-chartered financial institution that would serve as "the central depository for virtual currency used by governmental agencies in this state.”
The SEC has filed a civil suit on friday against Boaz Manor and Edith Pardo in connection with an allegedly fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million.
- Alleged 'shadow banker' for crypto exchanges moves toward guilty plea on unlicensed money transmission business charge - The Block
- Ex-NFL Team Owner Intends to Plead Guilty to Running Unlicensed Money Transmitter - CoinDesk
- Canadian Regulatory Group Targets Crypto Exchanges Holding Users' Digital Assets - CoinDesk
- Oklahoma lawmaker proposes state-chartered crypto depository - The Block
- U.S. government files twin lawsuits against operators of Blockchain Terminal's $30 million ICO - The Block