Today's blockchain and cryptocurrency news
Bitcoin is down 1% at $8,543
XRP is down 3% at 22 cents
and Ethereum is down 1% at $161
Top gainers in the last 24 hours:
Ethlend up 27%
Smartcash up 16%
The SEC says Telegram launched its token sale because it was short on cash and needed to pay for servers.
KyberSwap is swapping Malta for BVI because of AMLD5.
Plaintiffs in three separate punitive class action lawsuits against Bitfinex and Tether will consolidate their cases.
Bitcoin miners across the world brought in an estimated $5 billion in revenue in 2019.
The government of South Korea is planning to charge 20% tax on income from crypto transactions.
- SEC: Cash-Strapped Telegram Launched 2018 Token Sale to Pay for Servers - CoinDesk
- Another crypto firm moving out of the EU in response to 5AMLD, this time non-custodial exchange KyberSwap - The Block
- Plaintiffs Move to Combine Their Market-Manipulation Lawsuits Against Bitfinex and Tether - CoinDesk
- Bitcoin miners made an estimated $5 billion in revenue during 2019 - The Block
- South Korea plans 20% tax on crypto gains - The Block