Today’s blockchain and cryptocurrency news
Brought to you by ungrocery.com
Bitcoin is down .5% at $50,625
Ethereum is up slightly at $3,999
and Binance Coin is down slightly at 606.
Dogecoin up 29%
Polygon up 24%
Ethereum classic, up 21%
Facebook’s Libra project pivots to Diem, pivots back to the US, and pivots to a USD stablecoin.
The IRS warns that the agency can seize people’s crypto assets to settle unpaid taxes.
DeFi protocol xToken exploited for $24.5M.
The Colonial Pipeline paid the $5M crypto ransom soon after the attack.
- IRS Seizing Crypto Assets to Pay Off Tax Debts, Official Says
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Hackers Nearly $5 Million in Ransom - Bloomberg
- Attacker uses flash loans in $24.5 million exploit of DeFi protocol xToken
- xToken on Twitter: "Our initial report on today's exploit. More details in the coming days. https://t.co/ZadHCUTqEK" / Twitter
- Diem Announces Partnership with Silvergate and Strategic Shift to the United States